weekend notes and healthy finds

Happy weekend!  Usually Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for hiking, brunching and sleeping in, but lately I’ve been trying to say “yes” more often to awesome things in the community (and I don’t think PJ minds now that football season has started!)

This weekend I’m going to two events I’m really excited about: The Intuitive Warrior, a workshop on listening to your inner self, and a Wanderlust yoga in the city class (you can still register here) on the pier with my favorite yogi, Seane Corn. I took a detox flow workshop with her a few months ago at the Yoga Journal conference and she completely blew my mind with her knowledge and passion. I’m actually already looking forward to Monday knowing I’ll be chock full of inspiration and goodness from these talented gurus!

On another note, my rss feed is totally out of control with amazing finds so I thought I’d start sharing some of them here.  Enjoy!

DIY dry shampoos for light and dark hair

how to deal with “not cute” days

a guide to paring down your wardrobe

5 natural detox tips for better sex

commuting tips from a buddhist

5 tips to getting your body back on track anytime, anywhere

this recipe for raw vegan cheezy spaghetti

*gorgeous sunset photography by Eric Cahan- wouldn’t these prints be great to wake up to?

8 Responses to weekend notes and healthy finds

1. Kate September 8, 2012 at 10:16 am #

I’m so jealous you are getting to both of these events!! I can’t wait to hear all about
    them. Oh and those pictures are gorgeous….I want…actually I need them in my home!

• one part gypsy September 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

Kate I know! I totally want these to add a pop of invigorating color somewhere. And I can’t wait to share event deets! xx

2. erin @WELLinLA September 8, 2012 at 10:17 am #

I like your weekend plans and saying “yes!”! Have fun today and I will see you for yoga tomorrow (and it looks like it’s going to be a warm session!).

3. Soph September 8, 2012 at 10:38 am #

Thanks for sharing the healthy finds!! I’m trying to get rid of a bunch of things in my closet so the tips should be helpful! Yay for Seane Corn!!!

• one part gypsy September 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

Soph I am an expert clearer and advocate for getting rid of things if you need a firm hand of support LOL! Organizing is a weird obsession, akin to zit popping I believe… I’m free anytime! xx

4. Tami Rebekah September 10, 2012 at 10:19 am #

I am soooo into hanging in the pjs on the weekends!! I look forward to it all week!! Lovely post! As usual!! Have a great week! ( sorry Im not yelling I am addicted to exclamation points !!!!)

5. Kristin // The Cuisinerd September 12, 2012 at 9:25 am #

There is something about the change in season (and my birthday in this case too) that leaves me wanting a full mental and physical detox – thank you for these links! I’m excited to add additional resources to this month!

6. Sharzad September 19, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

“Yes” is my favorite word! Yay for inspiration and goodness! ; )